Friday, February 6, 2009

Through his eyes


"The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes" taken from the Hound of the Baskervilles, Christophers favorite book.

The curious incident of the dog in the night time, by Mark Haddon is a simple, yet complex and intelligent world of a 15 yr old autistic boy, Christopher. One of the best books I have ever read.

Such simple and frank thoughts, that for us as readers are rare, due to the complex world of superficialness, diplomacy and mundane routines.

The theory explanations for 'how humans are like computers', or even 'The Monty Hall Problem' were very interesting. I was most thrilled about the coincidence of visual thinking of common phrases, as I was discussing precisely the same thing with a friend four days before I started this book, and we kept comparing notes and sharing new phrases that are part of everyday conversation.

e.g. From the book: I laughed my socks off, They had a skeleton in the cupboard or We had a real pig of a day!

Personal: I'm going to hit the road, or I was shitting bricks. Picture them, its funny!.... to me and my friend anyways!!!

1 comment:

  1. I too loved this one! Can't say the same about Secret Life of Bees!

    ReplyDelete