Thursday, October 4, 2007

The Kite Runner Movie

The release of the movie based on Khaled Hosseini’s much raved about book, ‘The Kite Runner’ is delayed until the child stars are taken out of Kabul. They say the children may never go back to their land, or I think at least not for a every long time. This is being done to protect them from the chaos that might follow upon the films release. One of the major reasons is because they are uncertain of general reaction, especially to a rape scene in the movie.

I wonder if I had a choice, to be a part of a project that tells a much needed story to the world VS being able to continue living in my home, what would I choose?

Hmm..just glad I am not chasing screen tests and auditions, coz that would not be an easy choice to make.

On the other hand, if this movie brings the kids into international stardom AND more importantly if they are able to sustain this stardom and plentiful money and all the 'good stuff' that goes with it, it might be worth it after all. Hmmm..Nayyy...Don't think so...well, projects with Colin or George Clooney, and holidays in Bora Bora...hmm ok...well....nay…. Gawd! I am so indecisive! Don’t blame me, it is a difficult decision to make. Let’s see how you do it!

For more information, click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment